New Job Opportunity: Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland
Salary: DOE. Contract: Full time, Permanent
Due to continued growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Junior Graphic Designer has arisen to join our dynamic team. The role is extremely varied and requires a flexible individual to work across multiple businesses within the Scientific Research industry. As our new Junior Graphic Designer, you will join an established marketing team under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer, where you’ll be expected to generate and develop great ideas to assist in creating branding, sales and marketing collateral across several brands.
- Assist the senior designer in creating high quality branding for internal and external marketing collateral across our brands – this could include brochures, posters, advert campaigns, web graphics, large format, pop-up stands and identities for internal events or campaigns etc.
- Assisting with shooting short videos for new and existing products. This may also include generating animations or complimentary graphics to feature inside the video or as a stand-alone.
- Assist with photographic requirements which may include product photography, lab images and team members.
- Identify new and creative ideas to help develop and improve the marketing strategy.
- Ensuring design work is aligned to the brief, brand guidelines and environment for which it is being created and is delivered in a timely manner.
- (Highly Desirable) Knowledge/experience in Motion Graphics/Video editing/production skills (AfterEffects, Premier).
- At least 1 year experience in Graphic Design. (Agency experience highly desirable)
- Strong working knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Creative flair and an excellent eye for detail.
- Strong typographic flair, layouts and use of colour is vital.
- Solid understanding of creating production ready assets for digital and print.
- Professional punctuality, awareness and appreciation of client needs.
- A keen market awareness of current technology, emerging styles and trends.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Significant understanding on the importance of presenting ideas, and design routes to the wider team, and senior management.
- Experience in the production of brochures/flyers desirable.
- (Beneficial but not desirable) Knowledge of MS Office packages (Word, Powerpoint).
Education / Experience
- Relevant degree in graphic design.
- 1+ years’ experience desirable but an enthusiastic graduate with the right attitude will also be considered.
Summary of employment conditions
Hours of work 37.5 hours per week. The company operates a flexible working week.
Due to the current climate regarding Covid-19, all our interviews are now taking place as a video interview via Zoom / Skype / Teams. The successful candidate may be asked to be on-site a few days per week, working within strict Covid-19 guidelines, during the induction period to help familiarise with the business.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering lettering accompanied with links to your latest work, or a PDF portfolio.